Bond Valuation Mastery
Become A PRO At Valuing One Of The Most Important Fixed Income Securities
(Even If You Don’t Know Anything About It.)
On-demand, byte-sized, easy-to-follow video lectures.
135 Quiz Questions
Progressively challenging, with impeccably detailed solutions.
At Your Pace
Lifetime access, including all future updates.
Simplicity meets comprehensiveness.
Explore and gain a solid understanding of one of the most versatile fixed income securities, inside out.Value Straight / Vanilla Bonds, Consols, and Zero-Coupon (“Deep Discount”) Bonds as well as their Yields, from scratch – manually, and on Excel® and Google Sheets.
A SOLID FOUNDATION
You’ll gain a solid foundation of the core fundamentals that drive the entire bond valuation process.
Every major concept is taught with example question walkthroughs, so you can literally see how we value bonds from scratch.
LOADS OF PRACTICE QUESTIONS
Apply what you learn immediately with 135 practice questions, all with impeccably detailed solutions.
CHEAT SHEETS & RESOURCES
Mathematical proofs, one page cheat sheets, workable Excel & Google Sheet spreadsheets – all included.
6 Sections to Mastery.
Use our structured learning path, or dive right in to a specific concept you’re struggling with.
Introduction to Bonds
- Get the basics right, first time – so you learn once and retain it forever.
- Explore what bonds are, including their types and characteristics.
- Discover the “trading status” of bonds and see how ratings work.
- Gain a solid command over the core fundamentals that drive the entire bond valuation process.
- Understand the powerful logic and intuition behind discounting future cashflows.
- Witness the power of compounding cashflows, including why we use (1+r) and not just r.
Valuing Bonds (Simple Cases)
- Value a Zero-Coupon Bond from scratch.
- Estimate the price of a Straight / Vanilla bond.
- Value a Consol (aka ‘Perpetual Bond), and see why the formula works.
Valuing Bonds (Advanced)
- Value bonds with semi-annual and quarterly coupons.
- Explore the impact of compounding on bond prices.
- See first hand how a change in the yield impacts the value of a bond.
Yield To Maturity Fundamentals
- Explore the pre-requisites for estimating the yield.
- Learn what the Net Present Value (NPV) is.
- Understand the Internal Rate of Return (IRR) and see how it relates to the yield.
Estimating Yield To Maturity (YTM)
- Calculate the YTM of a Zero-Coupon Bond from scratch.
- Estimate the YTM of a Consol (aka ‘Perpetual Bond’).
- Apply your knowledge of NPV and IRR to estimate the yield of a vanilla bond, manually and on Excel.
Learning How To Value Bonds Has Never Been Easier.
Stop letting information overload overwhelm and limit your progress.
Use our structured learning path, designed for distinction.
Say goodbye to endless memorising.
Engage with carefully thought out, clutter-free, and engaging study materials that focus on the 20% fundamentals that drive 80% of the results.
Easily follow through complex concepts with great visuals that don’t overdo it.
Explore why bonds are valued the way they are, instead of memorising formulas without understanding them.
There really always is a reason for everything.
Feel your confidence rise.
Apply what you learn immediately in example question walkthroughs and progressively challenging quizzes with impeccably detailed solutions.
Engage with over 100 questions ranging from simple true and false ones to more complex problems that take you outside your comfort zone.
Questions are relevant for Ivy League / Russell Group University students as well as professionals studying for the ICAEW CFAB, ACA, ACCA, and CFA qualifications.
All questions designed in-house, by Professional Tutors with Russell Group Distinctions.
See how & why the equations work.
Learn why we divide some variables by something, and multiply other variables by something else. Get past the painful approach of memorising countless equations.
Not only will we rip apart each equation one variable at a time, we’ll also give you mathematical proofs that show the equation’s logic one step at a time.
Save yourself time and effort by understanding why the equation works the way it does. Then go out and create your own equations.
This course is for you if…
- You want to master one of the most important concepts in Finance in an easy-to-understand, structured and engaging manner.
- You want to understand why equations work the way they do instead of just using them like a machine.
- You have a burning desire to get past your fear of numbers and pre-conceived notions about finance being “difficult”.
- You want to feel confident when you take a Finance exam, or when you talk to people about investments, knowing that you walk the walk and don’t just talk the talk.
- You want to know how to value bonds and estimate the yield of bonds from scratch, manually as well as on Excel / Google Sheets, even if you don’t know much about it right now.
This course is not for you if…
- You’re not willing to work on the quiz questions and activities of the course and making sure you check your answers with our detailed solutions.
- You have plenty of time to painfully browse various youtube videos to try and make sense of it all.
- You want quick shortcuts that make you feel like you’re understanding things even when you know you’re really not ‘getting’ it.
- You don’t want to get past your fear of equations or a weak foundation in Finance, and are okay with mediocre results.
- You don’t care about bonds.
Take the first step – no prior knowledge required.
Stop letting information overload overwhelm and limit your progress.
Here’s what you get lifetime access to…
3.5 Hours of HD Video
- Accessible on any device, any time.
- Not too short, not too long – just, right.
- All pre-requisite concepts included, for free.
100+ Quiz Questions
- Progressively challenging, impeccably detailed.
- Applicable to ICAEW ACA, CFAB, ACCA, CFA, and more.
- Relevant for Ivy League / Russell Group Universities.
Engaging study materials.
- Easy to read, understand, and master.
- Carefully thought out, clutter-free content that drives results.
- Jargon busters to help you cut through the noise.
One page cheat sheets
- Easy-to-read one page cheat sheets to help you refer easily.
- Snippets of core takeaways to help you easily recall.
- Jargon busters to help you stay on top of the terminology.
- Forget about memorising equations.
- Understand why the math works, from scratch.
- Step-by-step proofs that explain the intuition.
All future updates.
- Lifetime access, not just to what’s here.
- All future updates included, indefinitely.
- Finance evolves – so does this course.
Curriculum, designed for distinction.
Ready to Learn With Distinction?
Become a PRO at valuing bonds.
Questions? We have answers.
Course delivery and access
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund. No questions asked.
I'm a University / College student - is this course relevant for me?
The course is relevant for most Ivy League / Russell Group Universities. The content features the same cutting edge and comprehensive syllabi offered at top Universities.
I'm an investor / analyst / aspiring associate / other professional - is this course relevant for me?
Yes. The course focuses on the core fundamentals that drive the entire investment analysis and portfolio management process, starting from the very basics before moving on to more complex problems.
I want to buy stocks and get rich quick - will this course help me do that?
Nor will any course. You might want to take anyone / anything that promises "quick wealth" with a cup full of salt.
Who Teaches This Course?
The course is taught by Vash. He has over 5,800 hours of professional teaching and training experience and has taught students and professionals across the UK and EU. Vash holds an MPhil in Finance and Econometrics, a MSc in Finance and Accounting, and a BSc in Business and Accounting from Russell Group Universities (Warwick & Exeter, UK).
He takes a student-centric approach to designing and delivering course content, and synthesises academic literature with real world applications. His clients include University students at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and MBA levels, as well as professionals ranging from Associates at Big 4 Accounting firms to finance directors at SMEs.