Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management – Beginner to PRO.
Learn How To Rigorously Analyse Investments & Manage Portfolios By Applying Sophisticated Techniques Grounded In Theory & Practise.
On-demand, byte-sized, easy-to-follow video lectures.
150+ Quiz Questions
Progressively challenging, with impeccably detailed solutions.
At Your Pace
Lifetime access, including all future updates.
Designed for distinction.
Explore and master powerful relationships between stock prices, returns, and risk. Discover what your financial advisor should be doing to manage your investments.
Do all of this, and a whole lot more – manually, as well as on Excel and Google Sheets, working with real world data. Master Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management with…
A SOLID FOUNDATION
You’ll gain a solid foundation of the core fundamentals that drive the entire investment analysis and portfolio management process.
Every major concept is taught with example question walkthroughs, so you can literally see how we analyse investments, one step at a time.
LOADS OF PRACTICE QUESTIONS
Apply what you learn immediately with 150+ practice questions, all with impeccably detailed solutions.
CHEAT SHEETS & RESOURCES
Mathematical proofs, one page cheat sheets, workable Excel & Google Sheet spreadsheets – all included.
5 Sections to Mastery.
Use our structured learning path, or dive right in to a specific concept you’re struggling with.
Price, Risk, & Return Relationships
- Understand powerful relationships between risk, return, and price.
- Calculate stock returns for dividend and non-dividend paying stocks, manually.
- Download and work with real world data, and estimate stock returns on Excel® / Google Sheets.
Estimating Expected Returns
- Estimate expected returns using the average (mean) method.
- Estimate expected returns using ‘state contingent weighted probabilities’.
- Estimate expected returns using Asset Pricing Models including the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM).
Measuring Risk and Relationships
- Estimate the total risk of a stock from scratch.
- Estimate the market risk of a stock & the relationships between securities.
- Estimate the firm-specific (aka “idiosyncratic”) risk of a stock.
Measuring Portfolio Returns and Risk
- Estimate the return of multi-asset portfolios.
- Measure the risk of a 2 asset portfolio.
- Measure the risk of a multi-asset portfolio.
Exploring Diversification & Optimisation
- Discover what diversification really looks like (and why).
- Explore how Warren Buffet optimises the Berkshire Hathaway portfolio.
- Learn how to control your portfolio’s expected returns and minimise your risk.
Go from beginner to PRO, comprehensively.
Stop letting information overload overwhelm and limit your progress.
Use our structured learning path, designed for distinction.
Say goodbye to information overload.
Engage with carefully thought out, clutter-free, and engaging study materials that focus on the 20% fundamentals that drive 80% of the results.
Easily follow through complex concepts with great visuals that don’t overdo it.
Explore byte-sized lectures that don’t cut corners – so you receive the right amount of information which will hold you in good stead wherever you go, whatever you move on to do.
Watch your confidence grow.
Apply what you learn immediately in example question walkthroughs and progressively challenging quizzes with impeccably detailed solutions.
Engage with over 150 questions ranging from simple true and false ones to more complex problems that take you outside your comfort zone.
Questions are relevant for Ivy League / Russell Group University students as well as professionals studying for the ICAEW CFAB, ACA, ACCA, and CFA qualifications.
All questions designed in-house, by Russell Group Distinction Tutors.
Finally understand why the math works.
Learn why we divide some variables by something, and multiply other variables by something else. Get past the painful approach of memorising countless equations.
Not only will we rip apart each equation one variable at a time, we’ll also give you mathematical proofs that show the equation’s logic one step at a time.
Save yourself time and effort by understanding why the equation works the way it does. Then go out and create your own equations.
This course is for you if…
- You want to master one of the most important concepts in Finance in an easy-to-understand, structured and engaging manner.
- You want to understand why equations work the way they do instead of just using them like a machine.
- You have a burning desire to get past your fear of numbers and pre-conceived notions about finance being “difficult”.
- You want to feel confident when you take a Finance exam, or when you talk to people about investments, knowing that you walk the walk and don’t just talk the talk.
This course is not for you if…
- You’re not willing to work on the quiz questions and activities of the course and making sure you check your answers with our detailed solutions.
- You have plenty of time to painfully browse various youtube videos to try and make sense of it all.
- You want quick shortcuts that make you feel like you’re understanding things even when you know you’re really not ‘getting’ it.
- You don’t want to get past your fear of equations or a weak foundation in Finance, and are okay with mediocre results.
Take the first step – no prior knowledge required.
Mastering Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management has never been easier.
Here’s what you get lifetime access to…
6 Hours of HD Video
- Accessible on any device, any time.
- Not too short, not too long – just, right.
- The sweet spot where theory meets reality.
150+ Quiz Questions
- Progressively challenging, impeccably detailed.
- Applicable to ICAEW ACA, CFAB, ACCA, CFA, and more.
- Relevant for Ivy League / Russell Group Universities.
Engaging study materials.
- Easy to read, understand, and master.
- Carefully thought out, clutter-free content that drives results.
- Jargon busters to help you cut through the noise.
- Pre-templated Excel / Google Sheets spreadsheets.
- Plug and play approach, complimented by walkthroughs.
- Know exactly when (and why) spreadsheets get it wrong.
- Forget about memorising equations.
- Understand why the math works, from scratch.
- Step-by-step proofs that explain the intuition.
All future updates.
- Lifetime access, not just to what’s here.
- All future updates included, indefinitely.
- Finance evolves – so does this course.
Curriculum, designed for distinction.
|Understanding Price, Risk, and Return Relationships & Calculating Returns|
|Price, risk and Return - Definitions & Relationships|
|Price, risk and Return - Definitions & Relationships [Quiz]|
|What is Shorting?|
|What is Shorting? [Quiz]|
|Calculating Stock Returns I|
|Calculating Stock Returns I [Quiz]|
|Calculating Stock Returns II - Applied|
|Calculating Stock Returns II - Applied [Assignment]|
|Estimating Expected Returns|
|Expected Returns using the Average (Mean) Method|
|Expected Returns using the Average (Mean) Method [Quiz]|
|Expected Returns using the Average (Mean) Method [Assignment]|
|Expected Returns using State Contingent Weighted Probabilities|
|Expected Returns using State Contingent Weighted Probabilities [Assignment]|
|Expected Returns using Asset Pricing Models I|
|Expected Returns using Asset Pricing Models I [Quiz]|
|Expected Returns using Asset Pricing Models I - Applied|
|Expected Returns using Asset Pricing Models I - Applied [Quiz]|
|Expected Returns using Asset Pricing Models II|
|Expected Returns using Asset Pricing Models II [Quiz]|
|Understanding and Measuring Risk & Relationships|
|Estimating the Total Risk of a Stock I|
|Estimating the Total Risk of a Stock I [Quiz]|
|Estimating the Total Risk of a Stock II - Applied|
|Estimating the Total Risk of a Stock II - Applied [Assignment]|
|Estimating the Market Risk of a Stock I|
|Estimating the Market Risk of a Stock I [Quiz]|
|Estimating the Market Risk of a Stock II|
|Estimating the Market Risk of a Stock II [Assignment]|
|Estimating Firm Specific Risk|
|Measuring Portfolio Returns and Risk|
|Estimating Portfolio Returns|
|Estimating Portfolio Returns [Quiz]|
|Estimating Portfolio Risk I (2 Assets)|
|Estimating Portfolio Risk I (2 Assets) [Quiz]|
|Estimating Portfolio Risk II (Multiple Assets)|
|Estimating Portfolio Risk II (Multiple Assets) [Quiz]|
|Estimating Portfolio Risk II (Multiple Assets) - Applied|
|Estimating Portfolio Risk [Assignment]|
|Mastery Check & Setup for the Next Phase|
|A Test Towards Mastery|
|Installing Solver for Optimisation Problems|
|Exploring the Effects of Diversification & Optimisation|
|Reducing Portfolio Risk by Diversification|
|Reducing Portfolio Risk by Diversification [Quiz]|
|Optimal Diversification - Number of Securities to Hold|
|Optimal Diversification - Number of Securities to Hold [Quiz]|
|Optimising Weights to Achieve a Target Return I|
|Optimising Weights to Achieve a Target Return I [Quiz]|
|Optimising Weights to Achieve a Target Return II - Applied|
|Optimising Weights to Achieve a Target Return II - Applied [Quiz]|
|Minimising Portfolio Risk - 2 Assets|
|Minimising Portfolio Risk - 2 Assets [Quiz]|
|Minimising Portfolio Risk - Multiple Assets|
|Minimising Portfolio Risk - Multiple Assets [Quiz]|
|Optimising Portfolio Weights [Assignment]|
Our Students Win. Here’s What They Say…
Surnames not disclosed to protect their privacy and identities.
This course is an introduction to portfolio management. Students will learn how to estimate the expected returns and risks of assets based on historical data and forecasts using some classical models, and then assemble a diversified portfolio. The authors of the course outline the basic steps of the portfolio management “pipeline” and give references which facilitate further familiarisation with the subject.
The course does not require any preliminary knowledge in mathematics. As a corollary, presented models are the most simple. In particular, portfolio optimisation problem is not considered at this point. However, the course administrator kindly provided convenient references on this subject by request.
I advise this course to everybody who is interested in a gentle introduction to portfolio management.
Simple and Easy
Macbeth SB M
Questions? We have answers.
Course delivery and access
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund. No questions asked.
I'm a University / College student - is this course relevant for me?
The course is relevant for most Ivy League / Russell Group Universities. The content features the same cutting edge and comprehensive syllabi offered at top Universities.
I'm an investor / analyst / aspiring associate / other professional - is this course relevant for me?
Yes. The course focuses on the core fundamentals that drive the entire investment analysis and portfolio management process, starting from the very basics before moving on to more complex problems.
I want to buy stocks and get rich quick - will this course help me do that?
Nor will any course. You might want to take anyone / anything that promises "quick wealth" with a cup full of salt.
Who Teaches This Course?
The course is taught by Vash. He has over 5,800 hours of professional teaching and training experience and has taught students and professionals across the UK and EU. Vash holds an MPhil in Finance and Econometrics, a MSc in Finance and Accounting, and a BSc in Business and Accounting from Russell Group Universities (Warwick & Exeter, UK).
He takes a student-centric approach to designing and delivering course content, and synthesises academic literature with real world applications. His clients include University students at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and MBA levels, as well as professionals ranging from Associates at Big 4 Accounting firms to finance directors at SMEs.